Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Tart and Tangy Card Set


I've been wanting to try and make some type of card holder for some time. I found this pattern "somewhere" in cyberspace. Sorry I can't find it again to give credit to the person who gave the measurements. The white ribbon actually ties in a knot. The stamp set is Tart and Tangy from Stampin Up. The inks used were old olive, pumpkin pie, rose red and real red. The paper was Whisper White, SU DP and Old Olive. It's been so much fun to get back into my stamp room and make something.
These are the four cards and envelopes I made to go in the card holder. All of the stamps and paper are from Stampin Up. The embellishments were ribbons, brads, white gel pen and punches. I hope you enjoy looking. Have a great day!
This card has "Orange you cute" stamped on it. I love this paper!
This strawberry card was fun. I wanted to write "Thank you Berry Much!" on it, but forgot. Then I decided to leave it as a blank note card.This card was the toughest one for me. It's a gate card with a belly band. I added the pearls for lack of any other ideas of how to jazz it up.
I stamped one piece of fruit on the front of each of the envelopes. Have a great week! I think this makes up for some of my lack of posting over the last month.

20 comments:

Latisha said...

Lesly, these are some cccuuuttteee cards!

Melzie said...

Cute stuff!!! :)

Lorie said...

Oh, wow! That is way cool! Great job!

Unknown said...

super cute cards. Can you share the directions for the holder

specialcraftmom4 said...

What a cute set of cards! I love that stamp set (:

SeaStar Creations said...

all great cards. very cheery colors :) love the gate card with the belly band and the stationary! thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

These are all so adorable!!!

Unknown said...

These are awesome! I've been debating about this set for so long. I'd better get it before it's too late! Thanks for the inspiration!

Whimsey said...

Absolutely ADORABLE; love them all!!

Joy said...

so inspiring, I have only used this set once, but I need to break it out!

Godelieve said...

Wow, love this!

Chris said...

these cards are so cute and the holder is great!!! what an awesome gift this would be!!!

Lisa Hetrick said...

These are so cute and FRESH. Love that stamp set. Didn't give it the time of day until I saw your samples. Lisa SBS10

Unknown said...

Nice job!! I just ordered that set. Thanks for the ideas!!

Mandy said...

Adorable! Very summery and fresh!!

Sara Frawley said...

I got this set a few months ago and it's quickly becoming one of my absolute favorites! I think I might make my challenge cards with this set... thanks for the inspiration!

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

I will cry myself to sleep at night when Summer Picnic retires! Love the cards!

aileen said...

I love your cards. I may have to buy this set!

Michele Cronsell said...

Beautiful colors! Nice and cheery!

MichelleO said...

All of these are just wonderful, but I really love the cherry one! Wonderful!